Kaitaia Car and Van Hire
A service town serving a population of over 20 000 in the environs, Kaitaia is a bustling typical small town. It’s the closest town to Cape Reinga or Te Rerenga Wairua (a 2-hour drive which can include 90 Mile Beach) and 300km north of Auckland.
Kaitaia is the gateway to Ahipara, Shipwreck Bay, a top 10 kiwi surf break and world-famous for surfing. Ahipara sits at the southern end of 90 Mile Beach.
We are very proud of Te Ahu community building which houses the library and Kaitaia Information Centre. Worth a visit while you are in the area.
Tide times for Ahipara and 90 Mile Beach
Need to rent a car during your stay in the Playground of New Zealand – The Far North?
Here you can hire a 4WD to take the family on a self-drive adventure to Cape Reinga – drive the Te Paki Stream, toboggan down the sand dunes and experience Te Rerenga Wairua considered the most spiritually significant place in New Zealand for Māori.
If you are in the area don’t overlook some of New Zealand’s best beaches;
Matai Bay – Perfect horseshoe Bay in Top 10 NZ beaches
Cable Bay – Shelly beaches with superb ice cream shop
Mangonui– Quaint olde worlde charm with restaurants shops and information centre
Coopers Beach – Beautiful safe family beach
Why choose Northland Rentals?
- We put customers first
- Large fleet of cars from compact to medium to large sedans; 8 seater and 12 seater vans; cargo vans; furniture truck and 4 wheel drive vehicles
- One way rentals –between our locations in Kaitaia, Kerikeri Airport, Whangarei and Auckland
- Easy online bookings
- Friendly helpful staff
- Call us toll free: 0800 300 199
- Unlimited Kilometers
- Loads of insurance options
- All vehicles are regularly serviced and thoroughly checked between hires
- No hidden extras